Succesful Resumè: how to write it - the focus
What do you need to write a good Resumè?
· You should know how to do it: what to write and how
· You should know what it’s aimed at, what it should show, what it should communicate
· You should be concise
There are many valuable answers that may complete this list, all of which touch upon important aspects of the “CV writing art”.
In addition to time, there’s another equally important factor, and one that not many take into consideration when trying to market themselves:
Doing something well requires focus.
To market yourself effectively, I recommend the following:
· You should make yourself the object of your study, perhaps also with someone else’s help
· You should analyse your situation within your company, your family, the job market
· You should identify what you’ve accomplished so far and what you can offer.
So make an effort and try to figure out exactly what kind of job you’re looking for: whether you’d like to be a freelance or an employed worker, for instance, what kind of role you’d like to cover, the sort of company and sector you’d like to work in. You might even come up with some specific companies you’d like to work for and think about which of your skills you could offer them.
This is what being focused means: knowing what you want and, therefore, what to look for.
Chance, Providence, Fate… They all might have a part to play in this, I won’t deny it, but they’re certainly not enough! Don’t you prefer the idea of being in charge of your own destiny?
Today, many people think that it’s all a matter of luck… Well, I don’t agree with that at all: in fact, I believe that proficiency and competence exist, that it is necessary, and also, that true satisfaction can only derive from it!